Festival of Banners 2018
Festival of Banners is back for the 3rd year! If you still want to purchase your banner from 2017 they will be available at City Hall for $25. Entries for the 2018 contest are closed as of April 14th, 2018.
Over 160 submissions have been received. About 60 works of art have been reproduced as banners and are now hanging along Midland Rd. These banners were chosen based on design and theme content (2018 theme is Patriotism). Once the banners come down (November/December) they will be available for purchase for $25. All banner submissions will be eligible to be featured on the Auburn website and/or the Auburn Facebook page throughout the year.
Thank you very much for helping to beautify Auburn.
The City of Auburn's Department of Public Works (DPW) will be chipping brush once a week from early-mid April to mid October, weather permitting. Typically, this service will be performed on Tuesdays, however exceptions may occur in which case it will be delayed 1-2 days. The DPW will also allocate time to chipping brush in the event of tree damage and broken limbs due to extraordinary weather events.
Brush chipping is a service provided to help clear Auburn City properties of unwanted limbs/debris. Any small debris lying on the ground after pick up is too small and should be properly cleaned up by the homeowner. Any brush left lying in the out lawn for an extended period will be considered a violation of the city's blight ordinance and will be handled as such. This includes leftover debris and failure to adhere to the following guidelines resulting in brush not being picked up.
1. Brush must be set out by 7:30 am on the day of pickup. (DPW drives a set route throughout the City.)
2. Brush piles need to be manageable: Piles should be no more than 4 feet wide by 4 feet high.
Piles should be placed in the out lawn (between the sidewalk and the street) in a neat and orderly way, with the cut ends facing the direction of traffic. DPW will not pick up brush piles that are in tangles.
3. Maximum branch diameter is 6 inches and minimum branch length is 3 feet. This is for the safety of our DPW crew as these branches are fed directly into a chipper. Smaller branches, twigs, sticks, etc. should be bundled together and put out for Waste Management yard waste pickup on Wednesdays.
4. Stumps, root balls, or any other large mass of brush will not be accepted.
5. Brush generated by a hired tree service should be taken care of by the hired tree service.
The new Auburn Farmer's Market Pavilion is just about complete.
This new pavilion will have a space available for the public to rent. The Market Meeting Room has an occupancy of about 55 persons. The Farmer's Market is scheduled to have it's opening day on Saturday, May 12th from 7am - 1pm. If you're interested in more information on becoming a vendor, please contact Market Manager Misty Michelle at AuburnFM@gmail.com or check out the AuburnFM.com website.